Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mummy & Daughter


I started these two mummies because I was inspired by the vintage hair wrap bandage I bought on one of my antique adventures. A few days after I made the bodies, my daughter Annabelle had a bad long boarding fall. She had not been skateboarding for awhile and was a little rusty to say the least. She was with her cute boyfriend, Isaac and a good friend, Reed both of who are avid skateboarders. They were street skating and the road was rough and she got going too fast so she jumped off to stop and fell - HARD. She was very proud of the fact she never cried. Both boys said they would have because it was the "worst fall they had every seen." They skated until they got to a store to get bandaids. I didn't get the call she had fallen until she was in our driveway. Smart girl. 

She terrifically scraped her hip, knee, left hand and wrist, and right wrist. Boy was she achy the next day. Her dad was not too happy. She said to look on the bright side, at least she was wearing jeans and not her shorty shorts she was planning on wearing! Small miracle. 

Hence, my dolls took on a new meaning for me.  The bigger one became "Mummy Loves You" (because a mother loves you even when you do something stupid) and the smaller doll became Mummy Skater with injuries in all of the matching places on Annabelle. I did add one to the head for effect only!

Yet you notice, Mummy Skater does not have a skateboard...it's because her Mummy took it away for awhile and gave her a yo-yo instead.  Annabelle would disagree with this storyline but hey, it's my doll!

Here are images following their creation I thought you might enjoy seeing.








No comments: