Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Booth Is FINALLY Ready!

Since I have never done a festival on my own, creating a booth was priority number one! I can have stuff to sell but without booth photos you can't really apply to most festivals. The Doo-Nanny was such a godsend! They didn't require a booth photo to attend and it inspired me to get one made by the Doo-Nanny date of March 25-27. It happen to coincide with the other festival applications due now.  I also think it's pretty serendipitous that my first festival should have the name "Doo" in it! Pretty cool huh?  


I have worked on my booth for over two weeks; thinking, planning, sewing, organizing, etc. I set it up in my garage this week and finished tweaking it Saturday.  I still have to finish a few items that are "holding a spot" right now but I'm pretty much ready to go.


Here's how it looks. Let me know what you think!


Front View

Right: mostly dolls hanging from little nooses!

Left: mostly altered vintage paintings

Close-up of sign and little work table

Left Outside: Panel has pinned interactive cards for anyone to draw/write to
answer the question Who Doo You Love?
The right outside panel question is Who Doo You Want To Be?

4 comments:

Ms.Julie said...

Gosh it looks so GOOD!! Hope you doo well....

Suzanne Cook said...

Thanks Juliet! I'll be sure to post lots of pictures. Let's hope the weather holds out!

Penny! said...

I get it... it's a "Hootnanny!" Suzanne - I love your booth! Super creative - love the interactive aspect! You'll "doo" great! Sorry about the puns! Luv it!

DONNA COLLINS said...

VERY COOL! and colorful!