Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Gotta Love My Studio!



I know I love seeing artists' studios. Love seeing where all the "magic" happens, so here's mine to show you.  It is in my basement in the suburbs of Atlanta.  I know I am lucky to have such a big space where I can leave it messy and go upstairs and close the door!  Plus, I am also fortunate to have a daylight basement, where in the last afternoon, beautiful sunlight streams in.  We took the confining ceiling tiles out a couple of years ago.  The gigantic workstation with flat files and drawers was custom built by my dad back in 1992.  It has moved from office to studio to home with us through the years. It is a heavy beast and filled to the gills!  That's my corgi, Dexter, posing so politely by my chair.





I am a collector of many things, letters, bias tapes, zippers, old dolls, creepy photos, books, little figures, string, LOTS of little things inspire me. So storage is everywhere!


I love old picnic baskets for storage. And old boxes. And jars. This is an antique doctor's file cabinet that I store paints, glues a the top and the rest with fabrics.


I use wire shelves to display work and items I have ready to alter into more art.  Hope you have enjoyed a glimpse into my studio and where I need to go right now!!  

No comments: