Sunday, February 6, 2011

Who Doo First Post

Welcome to my brand spanking new blogspot!  I love to create, collect, decorate, rummage, procrastinate with art, laugh, share stories about my life and TALK! I have to see how typing instead of talking goes.  Some of my friends have suggested video blogging, but I will give this a whirl first.  At least I can remain in my "go-to" outfit as I blog! (Light purple long johns I spent a whole whoppin' $7 on!)  Comfort is important to me.  I am working on launching my blogspot and Big Cartel shop today.  My husband Dave is not too thrilled helping on Super Bowl Sunday but he's tired of me saying, "When I get my blogspot and shop..."  Now I have to put my money where my mouth is. Here it goes!


I started creating dolls this past year after leaving a stressful job. Art has always been where I could de-stress. Relax. Breathe.  My first two dolls were inspired by my husband and me. Who Doo doll #1 was named DC and doll #2 was named Suzi. 



They both sold at my first show at DragonCon 2010.  I rode on my husband's coat tails and put my dolls in his booth. I got a lot of good feedback and encouragement from fellow vendors and convention fans. I decided instead of getting another "real job" I would try my hand at being a full-time artist. I still produce a few graphic projects on the side, but I want to dedicate most of my time to art. I plan on sharing what inspires me, projects in progress, other artists, and my evolving studio. Hope you enjoy my site. Come back again real soon!

No comments: