Friday, February 11, 2011

Vintage Poster Gets Who Doo

A friend of mine Jennifer Belgard of diamond*star*halo asked me to put my who doo on an old vintage poster she has had since she was 17.  It is a very cool print but a little freaky with a big eyed girl sitting on a staircase in space. It has some scratches and the colors have faded some through the years.  Maybe a "Highway to Heaven" theme? Who knows. The poster is big, 36"w x 28"h. Sorry the original photo is so tiny but I forgot to take a beginning photo. I got so excited to get started!


Jennifer gave me free reign and my only question to her was, "Do you like glitter?" And she replied, "Of course! Everything's better with glitter!"  With her blessings, I believe I brought a tired little girl back to life - so to speak...





I added trees with silver dots to the foreground, glitter to the stairs, stars and moon, and added my who doo to the girl.  Thanks Jennifer! I had so much fun painting this and I hope you enjoy your "new" poster! 

No comments: